Analyst is a full-time Moscow-based position within the Equity Capital Markets (ECM) team, part of the Global Banking (GB) department at VTB Capital. ECM bankers originate, structure and execute equity capital raising products, including IPOs and follow-on offerings. They provide corporate clients with capital markets advice through specific analysis.
The group collaborates with many other areas of the division and the firm, particularly classic banking groups within GB department and Equity Sales and Trading within Global Markets department. ECM team is primarily responsible for:
· Providing market informed judgments on a broad array of financing strategies to address clients’ specific needs
· Interacting with industry and product groups across the firm to deliver the most innovative and holistic solutions to our clients
The job combines an analytical-driven approach of corporate finance with a fast-paced drive of sales & trading. ECM collaborates with many parts of VTB Capital, including Legal, Compliance, Risk and Operations in Moscow and London. ECM spans across industry sectors and regions.
VTB Capital’s ECM franchise is the market leader in Russia that has been involved in large number of equity offerings originating from the country. The team boasts unique track record of deals from the very large privatizations and marquee IPOs to numerous accelerated block trades. You will work with a team of seasoned bankers in an active deal flow environment that provides unique opportunity for professional growth.
Role and Principal Responsibilities
· Assist in deal origination and execution within ECM product range and across industry sectors
· Oversee and prepare tailored presentations for clients for both marketing purposes and live transactions
· Produce technically excellent written materials – specific parts of equity prospectuses, internal committee memos, official letters, etc.
· Manage particular workstreams on live deals and interact with clients and professionals from across the bank
· Participate in preparation of roadshow schedules and investor targeting materials and investor feedback, coordinating efforts with ECM Syndicate and Equity Sales & Trading team members
· Communicate with clients, counterparts and colleagues always within professional, ethical, regulatory and legal perspective
· Supervise and train junior analysts within ECM and broader GB team
Key Competencies & Qualifications
· 4-6 years of prior experience in investment banking or related fields
· Deep knowledge of ECM and related products, as well as capital markets
· Ability to use technical skills and knowledge to solve problems and give advice.
· Excellent technology skills with strong Excel, PowerPoint and Bloomberg skills and ability to quickly learn new software applications
· Excellent organisational skills, ability to multi-task across many tasks and projects and plan ahead
· Ability to present in a measured, clear, articulate way – in particular with regard to technical issues
· High attention to detail, analytical skillset and reasonable judgement
· Fluent English is critical for the role. Russian required
In case you are interested, please send your CV to Daria Korobitsina Daria.Korobitsina@vtbcapital.com