Yandex is looking for M&A intern to join the team in Moscow office.
Yandex is one of the largest IT companies in Europe with a $12+ bln market cap and for the last 20 years has developed from search engine to IT ecosystem with presence in several markets: advertising, mobility, classifieds, media, e-commerce, fintech etc.
Yandex is one of the most active strategic investors on the Russian market. The recent deals of the current M&A team include:
· Joint venture between Yandex.Taxi and Uber – creation of the leader in online segment of taxi market
· Joint venture between Yandex and Sberbank – creation of a key player on e-commerce market
· Acquisition of FoodFox (now Yandex.Eats) – #2 player on Russian restaurant delivery market
· Acquisition of Food Party – leading meal kit provider
· Acquisition of theQuestion – Q&A and knowledge sharing platform
· Market research (incl. TAM calculation, industrial benchmarks, trends etc.)
· Operational and financial analysis of incoming projects (incl. cohort analysis, LTV/CAC calculations, management accounts review)
· Financial modeling and valuation
· Business case preparation for investment committee
· Interaction with Yandex Business Units, regarding potential investment opportunities
Skills and Competencies required:
· Senior student at top-tier university (HSE, MSU, RES) with an outstanding educational track record
· Relevant experience in IT companies, IB/PE/VC will be an advantage
· Strong interest in IT industry and emerging technologies
· Analytical mindset with dedication to details
· Ability to balance multiple tasks and commit to responsibilities
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Team player, positive attitude, highly motivated
· High level of spreadsheet / slides expertise
· Language skills: fluent spoken and written English
Please apply by 15 May 2019 via sending your Cover Letter (in the email body) and CV to email@example.com, cc’ing firstname.lastname@example.org Add email subject "Yandex M&A Intern – Your Name".