Da Vinci Capital, a leading emerging markets private equity firm, is looking for a Moscow-based associate general counsel to practice Russian law. The ideal candidate will have the following minimum qualifications:
· Law degree from a Russian university
· 8+ years PQE (or equivalent in Russia)
· Transaction experience in private equity and venture capital investments
· Transaction experience in fund formation
· Excellent communications skills; native Russian and fluent English
· Strong negotiation skills and willingness to get involved in the business aspects of transactions; ability to issue clear recommendations and make decisions in the absence of full information; self-starter who is willing to learn on the job
· Ability to issue clear, concise recommendations to senior decisionmakers; ability to deliver unpopular advice; ability to manage external counsel, including budgeting
Additional desirable experience includes:
· Transaction experience in public capital markets offerings and M&A
· LLM, ideally from a university in a common-law jurisdiction
· Admission to practice in England and Wales, New York, or a similar common-law jurisdiction
· Quantitative ability to interpret financial statements and models
· Power user of MS-Office
Benefits include the following:
· Competitive remuneration
· Entrepreneurial, international corporate culture; a “seat at the table” when the firm takes decisions.
· First-rate transaction experience; accelerated career and professional growth
The associated general counsel position may include hours comparable to those at a law firm and will (post-pandemic) entail domestic and international travel. The position will report to the general counsel.
Candidate should apply by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit a CV (no photos, please), cover letter, and writing sample. The writing sample should be a memo arguing a point of law, a law review article, a publication in a professional journal, or a similar document. It should not be a markup of a contract. Candidates should be prepared to do a case study as part of the interview process.
Da Vinci Capital does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, relationship status, or similar characteristic. Women and members of historically-underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.